Planting Food Plots for Deer
Planting food plots is the best way to attract deer to your property, and Tallgrass Land Management can do that for you! These plots can serve as supplemental or emergency food supplies during extreme cold or snow in winter months or may help deer get ready for winter. They can also assure that the deer have adequate food supplies for reproduction and raising their young in the spring and summer months.
In addition to attracting deer, food plots help manage the land, build healthy and productive soils and prevent soil erosion. They can help keep unwanted trees and underbrush from regrowing on land that has been cleared. Planting food for deer is beneficial for wildlife enthusiasts, hunters, farmers, and property owners alike.
Our Food Plots Program
At Tallgrass Land Management, we have the knowledge, skill, and equipment necessary to create healthy and impactful plots to attract deer. It all starts with a visit to your land and our providing you with a free estimate for our services. Here is how we break down the process.
- We start with examing the soil on site. That’s the only way we can determine the correct seeding you will need for your property.
- Next up are the weeds. We recommend a herbicide and let you know our plan for its application.
- A fertilizer application comes next if needed.
- Depending on your property tillage may be required before seeding. If tillage is not required then we move on to seeding.
- We work with you in determining what seeds to plant for their food plot.
- A follow-up herbicide application may be applied 4 to 8 weeks later after seed emergence.
Our goal is to deliver the best plots possible, leading to greater deer harvest and enhanced wildlife habitats.
Certified Deer Steward
Deer Steward is the National Deer Association’s (NDA) individual certification program, consisting of three levels of potential achievement. Tallgrass owner Bryan Ballard is an NDA member and has completed Levels 1 and 2. He is on his way to the prestigious third level that can only be earned through long-term service to NDA and/or white-tailed deer. To learn more about the NDA Deer Steward Certification Program, click here.
Tallgrass Land Management welcomes the opportunity to earn your trust and exceed your expectations. If you’re located in Kansas City, St. Joseph, Northwest Missouri, or Northeast Kansas we would love the opportunity to earn your business.
To schedule a free estimate or ask any questions about land clearing and food plots, click here or call Bryan today at 816-529-0895.