Land Management Use Of Forestry Mulching
In the land management field, we frequently need to clear trees and brush that are too large for a tractor with a brush hog. We do this using a single machine with a rotary drum (mulching head) equipped with steel chipper teeth to cut, grind, and shred vegetation. This is called forestry mulching. The process leaves behind a fine layer of mulch that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Why We Utilize Forestry Mulching
There are several excellent reasons to use forestry mulching for land management purposes, such as:
- It is good for the environment because the biomass provides erosion protection that helps retain moisture and put nutrients back into the soil.
- A forestry mulcher can work in densely forested areas that cannot accommodate larger machinery.
- A forestry mulcher can operate in inclement weather and on softer surfaces.
- It is a more cost-effective option than bulldozing which adds the additional expense of filling holes, leveling the ground, burning brush piles, or paying to have the waste hauled away.
- The areas mulched can be immediately re-seeded or planted.
- It allows you to clearly identify property lines or survey lines.
- It helps with fire management of your property, reducing the potential chances for spreading wildfire.
- It can open your land up to many new uses for your family to enjoy.
Tallgrass Land Management
Tallgrass offers both one-time services and customized annual programs. Our annual programs may include spraying for weeds, brush hogging multiple times per year, seeding programs, and more.
Every piece of property is unique which is why our owner, Bryan Ballard, will give you a free estimate that is customized for your property. While we focus on delivering the best in industry solutions and customer service we also want to become your long-term partner. As land clearing programs, equipment and solutions evolve you can count on us for the latest solutions tailored to your needs.
Tallgrass Land Management is veteran-owned and licensed in Missouri and Kansas. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and exceed your expectations. To schedule a free estimate or request more information, please call us today at 816-529-0895.