What is the purpose of a food plot? It a supplemental food source supplied to wildlife such as deer, birds, turkey, quail, pheasants, and more. Not only do food plots attract wildlife but they also help manage the land, build healthy and productive soils and prevent soil erosion. They can help keep unwanted trees and under brush regrowing on land that has been cleared. For a number of reasons food plots are benefical for wildlife enthusiasts, hunters, farmers and property owners.
Whether your looking for deer food plots or wildlife food plots for your Conservation Reserve Propgram, CRP land management, you can turn to the experts at Tallgrass Land Management. We have the knowledge, skill and equipment necessary to create healthy and impactful wildlife or deer food plots. Here is how we breakdown the process. It all starts with a visit to the land and our providing you with a free estimate for our services.
Our Food Plots Program
- We start with examing the soil on site. That's the only way we can determine the correct seeding you will need for your property.
- Next up is the weeds. We recommend a herbicide and let you know our plan for it's application.
- A fertilizer application comes next if needed.
- Depending on your property tillage may be required before seeding. If no tillage is required then we move on to seeding.
- We work with the property owner on what seeds to plant for thier food plot based on the wildlife they are trying to attract.
- A follow up herbicide application may be applied 4 to 8 weeks later after seed emergence.
Our goal is enhance deliver the best food plots possible leading to greater deer harvest and wildlife habitats.
Tallgrass Land Management welcomes the opportunity to earn your trust and exceed your expectations. If you're located anywhere in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska or beyond we would love the opportunity to earn your business.
To schedule a free food plot estimate or ask any questions please call Byran today at 816-529-0895.